The major aim of the International Defense Educational and Acquisition Arrangement (IDEAA) network is to improve the common understanding of defence acquisition challenges and practices and the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of international training and education by active cooperation among national defence education, acquisition and procurement institutions with similar goals.
Main goals of the IDEAA network:
- improve the mutual understanding of other nations acquisition and procurement environment, structure and processes,
- improve the education system for those involved in international defence cooperation,
- determine and help to develop common skills,
- conduct and encourage joint analysis and dissemination of information,
- contribute to the harmonizing of the acquisition and procurement process,
- interchange staff, students and educational material to promote understanding of each other’s educational methods,
- improve communication, reception and trust among members,
- enhance openness and promote credibility of acquisition and procurement practices of members,
- better understand the relationship between government and industry,
- contribute to the harmonization of preparation and negotiation of memoranda of understanding (MoUs).